Monday, April 7, 2008

SISPI Integration Workshop (Preparation)

We will have a two day Integration Workshop just before the DES Collaboration Meeting in La Serena. I started this entry to collect SISPI related ideas and topics that should be discussed during that workshop.

Computer Infrastructure
Rooms, space, locations on the mountain
Network infrastructure on the mountain
Cooling on the mountain
Where can we keep a test system

TCS Interface
Discuss architecture

SN Farm location

DTS
Demonstration

Remote Access

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add "daytime operations" to the agenda. Some questions:

* What is our list of activities? Calibration is one. Anything else? What routine hardware maintenance must be done?

* How much time must we allocate? Are there conflicts between competing needs?

* How much data will be generated, stored locally, and sent down the mountain?

Anonymous said...

Also, I'd like to expand the DTS item to discuss all data flow up/down the mountain. Not all of it can be done by DTS.